Hillary Surges Ahead Of Obama

The latest Gallup poll gives Hillary a 22-point lead over Obama. If this poll is true, it shows us that the public is paying attention. As much as I hate to say it, Hillary is proving to be the only adult in the field of Democrat candidates for president. By "adult" I mean she is the only one that shows a modicum of adult logic. Obama continues to prove that he just isn't ready for prime time (as Mitt Romney amusingly points out), while Edwards is running a campaign based on kindergarten-logic where simple answers and meaningless platitudes rein supreme. You have to give Hillary credit for having the guts to tell the Kos Kidz, (paraphrasing) "Hell ya, I'll take lobbyists' money. What kind of idiot would I be not to?"

I'm not happy on this point, however. If she wins the presidency we'll be slouching toward authoritarian government. Thank G-d my man Rudy is also leading in the polls. I said it long ago and I'll say it again, the clash of the titans that we almost had in the New York Senate race in 2000 will now be fought on the national stage. Take it to the bank.