You Heard It Here First

I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I'm going to take credit as the first one to come up with the Fred for VP idea this week. I wrote last night:

You know what would absolutely blow everyone away? If we go through all this speculation about McCain's running-mate (Romney, Pawlenty, Palin, Lieberman, Ridge, et al) and it ends up being one guy we haven't been talking about: Fred Thompson. Sure, he's said he doesn't want the job, but I defy you to find me one politician in modern history that has admitted he did want to be VP. Fred would thrill the base and the pick would be right out of left field. Just a thought.


Then, this morning, a post from Wolking's World speculating that Fred would be a good pick. The post was picked up by Hot Air and has gathered steam. It would be a great pick...a grand slam home run, but unfortunately we have nothing to base it on except the speculation of two bloggers.

UPDATE: Geraghty says it ain't happening.