The Time Is Now: Jimmy McMillan For President

Looks like I may have to make a 2012 endorsement a little early: (Hat tip: JWF)

The rent won't be Too Damn High at the White House.

Jimmy McMillan, the quirky character who stole the spotlight during New York's 2010 governor's race, is now setting his sights on a higher office: the presidency.


And the cherry on the sundae...

The lion-maned McMillan -- who's given to lengthy diatribes -- says he's registering as a Republican to avoid a Democratic primary.

McMillan, a self-proclaimed "karate master," says he's not worried about taking on the likes of Obama, or Republicans Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich.

"I can sit here and say how to control the country in 30 seconds, and they can't say it in 30 years," he said.

"Not one of them can sit on a stage and address the issues that concern the American public. Not one of them. The president has not done it."

"I love you, Mitt Romney. I love all of you guys. Y'all can come and bring me some water," McMillan added.

Excellent! Let's get Jackie Broyles and Dunlap to moderate the debate while I get busy welcoming our new Chinese overlords. I can be quite useful as Tom Friedman's errand boy.